Job Opening: Enhanced Science Curriculum (ESC) Teaching Associates
We are seeking for 40 dedicated ESC Teachers who will play a pivotal role in supporting our Enhanced Science Curriculum project in primary and secondary schools
ABOUT FUNDI BOTS
Fundi Bots promotes improved practical science education in African schools and communities through the provision of hands-on skills and project-based training with a strong focus on rural and underprivileged regions and a push for equitable inclusion for Girls.
Fundi Bots’ mission is to accelerate science learning in Africa.
To achieve this, we use practical learning tools like robot-building to improve learning outcomes. Through the process of building robots, the students get practical skills in computer science, electrical and electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, computer programming and soft skills like project management, teamwork and innovation.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking for 40 dedicated ESC Teachers who will play a pivotal role in supporting our Enhanced Science Curriculum project in primary and secondary schools. This role involves various responsibilities related to the preparation, distribution, and implementation of the curriculum in schools.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Gather feedback from teachers and students on the curriculum’s usability and effectiveness, and relay this information to the Fundi @school leadership team for continuous improvement.
- Foster positive relationships and collaboration with schools, teachers, and education authorities to ensure a smooth implementation process.
- Proactively identify and report on, address any challenges or issues that may arise during the rollout process, seeking creative solutions to overcome obstacles.
- Generate and submit bi weekly reports
- Maintain clear and effective communication with the ESC team, school administrators, and other stakeholders to ensure alignment and transparency.
- Continuously assess the curriculum rollout strategy and suggest improvements or adjustments as needed to enhance its impact.
- Organize and prepare learning materials, ensuring they are ready for use in classroom lessons.
- Monitor and maintain the inventory of learning materials.
- Facilitate the delivery of essential tools to designated schools on behalf of Fundi Bots
- Assemble teaching aids and pack tools for efficient delivery.
- Assess the suitability of the student manual for the learners.
- Collect school timetables and deliver them to office premises.
- Support in tool development as requested by the Tool development team.
- Contribute to the design of innovative teaching tools for school use.
- A degree or diploma in science education (Primary)
- A degree in Education (Physics) is preferred
- Successful completion of Physics at the O-level is essential.
- A background in education is crucial
- At least one year of previous work experience is required.
- Basic ICT skills are necessary.
- A proven track record of working effectively with children is highly valued.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Resilience to overcome challenges.
- Strong collaboration skills to work effectively within a team.
- Outstanding organization skills to manage materials and activities efficiently.
Applicants should reside in the region of the office where they are applying to work.
Deadline for reciving applications is 15/12/2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.Apply for this position