Job Opening: Grants Writer
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Grant Writer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for researching, writing, and coordinating the grant application process.
ABOUT FUNDI BOTS
Fundi Bots promotes improved practical science education in African schools and communities through the provision of hands-on skills and project-based training with a strong focus on rural and underprivileged regions and a push for equitable inclusion for Girls.
Fundi Bots’ mission is to accelerate science learning in Africa.
To achieve this, we use practical learning tools like robot-building to improve learning outcomes. Through the process of building robots, the students get practical skills in computer science, electrical and electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, computer programming and soft skills like project management, teamwork and innovation.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Grant Writer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for researching, writing, and coordinating the grant application process. The Grant Writer will work closely with internal teams to gather information, develop compelling proposals, and submit funding requests to various philanthropic entities. This role requires a strong understanding of technical grant writing, grant guidelines, excellent communication skills, and the ability to craft persuasive narratives that effectively convey the organization’s mission and goals.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Grant Research and Identification
- Conduct thorough research to identify potential grant opportunities that align with the organization’s mission and objectives.
- Stay updated on grant trends, funding sources, and government regulations.
- Collaborate with program managers and other stakeholders to gather information for grant proposals.
- Write clear, concise, and compelling grant proposals that meet the requirements of funding organizations.
- Customize proposals to match the specific interests and criteria of different grantors.
Grant Application Process
- Manage and coordinate the entire grant application process, ensuring timely submission of high-quality proposals.
- Work closely with finance and program teams to gather necessary budget and project information for grant applications.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with grant requirements throughout the life of the funded projects.
- Collaborate with program managers to prepare and submit progress reports to grantors.
Documentation and record Keeping
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all grant applications, correspondence, and reporting deadlines.
- Track the success rates of grant applications and continually improve strategies based on feedback.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Project Management or a related field
- Additional qualifications or certifications in nonprofit writing will be an added advantage
- Proven experience as a Grant Writer, with a successful track record of securing grants.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to craft compelling narratives.
- Strong research and analytical skills to identify relevant funding opportunities.
- Experience with education nonprofit & fundraising desirable, but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial reporting as it relates to grant applications.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising processes for nonprofit organizations.
- High level of attention to detail, ability to think broadly and analyze trends.
- Ability to effectively communicate and liaise with local and international partners, across different time zones.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle a portfolio of grants ranging in size and volume.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Knowledge of donor agencies and a strategic view of building partnerships.
Deadline for reciving applications is 23/12/2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.Apply for this position