Job Opening: IT Assistant
IT Support Assistant will configure, implement, and maintain various technologies managed by the Information Technology section.
ABOUT FUNDI BOTS
Fundi Bots promotes improved practical science education in African schools and communities through the provision of hands-on skills and project-based training with a strong focus on rural and underprivileged regions and a push for equitable inclusion for Girls.
Fundi Bots’ mission is to accelerate science learning in Africa.
To achieve this, we use practical learning tools like robot-building to improve learning outcomes. Through the process of building robots, the students get practical skills in computer science, electrical and electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, computer programming and soft skills like project management, teamwork and innovation.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Reporting to the Systems Administrator, the IT Support Assistant will configure, implement, and maintain various technologies managed by the Information Technology section. He or She will also focus on the administration of the network infrastructure software applications and users.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- IT Support
• Manage the IT Help Desk.
• Maintain a defects log for all IT-related issues
• Provide on-site and remote technical support to all staff, including responding to emergency on-call requests when the need arises.
• Set up new users’ Accounts and profiles and deal with all IT security-related issues.
• Set up peripherals like printers, routers, Desk phones etc.
• Offer end user IT support for all applications and train users on their use
• Ensure operation of equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs;
• Install, configure and upgrade software, operating systems, applications.
• Troubleshoot and repair various breakdowns in IT equipment and services.Computer systems and Networks
• Replace parts and software as required for all office IT related equipment.
• Maintain a physical asset register for network (LAN, WAN, VPN) and server assets
• Provide second line support for the network (LAN, WAN, VPN), server and database infrastructure.
• Escalate system errors to the immediate supervisor.
• Offer end user IT support for all applications and train users on their use.
• Conduct periodic preventive maintenance of all computer and computer-related systems
• Monitoring, maintaining and updating computer systems and Networks.
• Enterprise System Analysis and Integration of all company systems
• Maintaining high Data Security Measures for all the IT systems in the company
• Technical Support including training End-User Staff on new computer systems and Applications from time to time.
• Maintaining records of Software licenses
- Degree in computer science/ Information technology; relevant industry certifications- MCSA, CCNP
- CCNA Certification (Added advantage)
- ITIL: experience working with incidents, changes, problems.
- At least 2 years working experience in IT department
- Computer networking skills
- Harware and software maintenance/repaire
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Technological savvy
- Critical Thinking
- Analytical skills
- Collaboration skills
- Organization skills
Applicants should reside in Kampala.
Deadline for reciving applications is 15/12/2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.Apply for this position