About Fundi Bots
Fundi Bots’ mission is to accelerate science learning in Africa.
To achieve this, we use practical learning tools like robot-building to improve learning outcomes. Through the process of building robots, the students get practical skills in computer science, electrical and electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, computer programming and soft skills like project management, teamwork and innovation.
As a result of this process, the students understand their science curriculum better, are prepared better for future technology oriented careers and they are empowered to be innovative community change-makers.
The Schools Coordinator Role
Fundi Bots is seeking a Schools Coordinator for Western Uganda to oversee Fundi Bots programs within our Western Uganda network of schools, community organizations and partners. The Schools’ Coordinator will be the point of contact for all administrative and school-related activities.
- The Schools Coordinator will be primarily based in Mbarara, Western Uganda and will be implementing our training model in schools within the Western Uganda region.
- Additionally, Fundi Bots works with a network of 90 schools within Uganda, so all Fundi Bots staff must be willing to occasionally travel to other parts of the country to train for multiple days or weeks at a time.
- For full-time positions outside Kampala, Fundi Bots prefers staff members who are resident within the regions they are applying to work in.
The Schools Coordinator role is a full time position. Our work-days are Monday to Saturday. Saturdays are full working days at Fundi Bots with multiple trainings happening in schools and at the Fundi Spaces.
As an applicant, you must have the following qualifications:
- A strong passion for improving learning outcomes for children across the country especially in Western Uganda.
- A diploma or bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields (or related fields): administration, education, and social work from a recognized university.
- You must be conversant and comfortable with technology, especially office applications and digital collaboration tools.
- Strong knowledge or interest in computer programming will be an added bonus.
- You must be comfortable engaging organizations in an official capacity, including school administration, non-profit organizations and district officials.
- Experience as a teacher will be an added bonus.
Your duties will be as follows:
- Establish working partnerships with schools, institutions of higher learning, parents and civil society in promoting Fundi Bots’ mission and vision.
- Draw calendar of activities and programs for the centre (school’s outreach, holiday programs, internship)
- Oversee budgetary expenditures of the centre and ensure proper accountability.
- Ensure the smooth running of the centre during official working hours and on weekends
- Develop orientation programs for interns and supervisors on Fundi Bots’ mission, vision and workplace dynamics.
- Generate weekly reports on regional activities.
- Maintaining documentation and follow- up on the implementation of Fundi Bots program by the teaching and technical staff.
- Develop and implement a calendar of activities for regional individual schools per term.
- Liaise with Ministry of Education on specific information as and when need arises.
- Support the Monitoring & Evaluation department by sharing reports and feedback of Fundi Bots activities in Western UgGanda.
Additionally, we expect the following from successful applicants:
- You must be self-driven, able to independently work through tight deadlines with minimal supervision, and you must have a strong attention to detail.
- You must have very good English communication skills, written and spoken, with specific attention to professional communication and classroom etiquette.
- You must be very organized with strong reporting, time-management and performance tracking standards.
- You will be in charge of educational documentation and reports, so you must be comfortable attending meetings at schools and various organizations, taking minutes, filing reports and organizing operational paperwork.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (CV/Resume and Cover Letter) to email@example.com with the title: Job Application: Schools Coordinator – Western Uganda
For further questions or inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +256773080533
We look forward to working with you.