About Fundi Bots
Fundi Bots’ mission is to accelerate science learning in Africa.
To achieve this, we use practical learning tools like robot-building to improve learning outcomes. Through the process of building robots, the students get practical skills in computer science, electrical and electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, computer programming and soft skills like project management, teamwork and innovation.
As a result of this process, the students understand their science curriculum better, are prepared better for future technology oriented careers and they are empowered to be innovative community change-makers.
The Digital Content Associate Role
Fundi Bots is seeking a Digital Content Associate who will be responsible for developing and updating content for our digital communications platforms.
Fundi Bots works with a network of 75 schools within Uganda (Western, Central, Eastern and Northern regions). While the role is based in Kampala, the Digital Content Associate must be willing to travel upcountry as the need arises.
The Digital Content Associate role is a full time position. Our work days are Monday to Saturday. Saturdays are full working days at Fundi Bots with multiple training happening in schools and at the Fundi Spaces.
As an applicant, you must have the following qualifications and skills.
Please note: No academic qualifications necessary, just show us what you can do.
i) Design Skills
- Excellent knowledge of design with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong knowledge and experience with video editing software
- Good digital photography and videography experience
- Good knowledge and experience designing for print
- Experience with Adobe After Effects will be an added bonus.
ii) Web & Social Media
- Experience creating, updating and managing content for social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram & SnapChat
- Experience with WordPress websites (updating content only, no website development experience required)
- Experience with newsletter platforms like MailChimp will be an added bonus
Your duties will be as follows:
- Adhere to the Fundi Bots brand guidelines ensuring that all internal and external communications follows the standardized and consistent branding guide
- Provide content updates to the Fundi Bots website including multi-media content, galleries, blogs and other content sections
- Manage the Fundi Bots social media presence on all platforms, engaging social media audiences with courtesy and professionalism
- Create regular digital content for website, social and other platforms through constant documentation of Fundi Bots activities in photo, video and text formats
- Brainstorm and create special digital content to highlight milestones, reports and activities of past events and promotions of upcoming events
- Maintain, tag and organize an archive of all Fundi Bots digital and physical media collected from various team members, volunteers and partners
If you are interested in this position, please send your application which should include the following:
- Cover letter
- Design portfolio (or link to online portfolio)
- Links to your social media presence (or social media accounts you manage)
Send to email@example.com with the title: Job Application: Digital Content Associate
For further questions or inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +256773080533
We look forward to working with you.