About Fundi Bots
Fundi Bots’ mission is to accelerate science learning in Africa.
To achieve this, we use practical learning tools like robot-building to improve learning outcomes. Through the process of building robots, the students get practical skills in computer science, electrical and electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, computer programming and soft skills like project management, teamwork and innovation.
As part of its push to improve learning, Fundi Bots is developing and testing the Fundi Bots Enhanced Science Curriculum, which is a collection of tools, modules and teaching aids designed to help teachers bring practical, student-focused and project-based learning back into the classroom.
The Classroom Support Staff Role
We are recruiting 10 Classroom Support Staff to facilitate and support teachers in schools who will be part of the Enhanced Science Curriculum Pilot.
The Classroom Support Staff will be distributed as follows:
- Eastern Uganda (Mbale) – 2 Positions
- Western Uganda (Mbarara) – 1 Position
- Northern Uganda (Gulu) – 3 Positions
- Central Uganda (Kampala) – 4 Positions
The Classroom Support Staff role is a full-time position. Our work-days are Monday to Saturday. Saturdays are full working days at Fundi Bots with multiple trainings happening in schools and at the Fundi Spaces.
As an applicant, you must have the following qualifications
- A passion for teaching. We do not compromise on this; you must love teaching, learning and be willing to pursue this as a long-term career.
- A Diploma in Education or Bachelor of Science in Education or an equivalent from a recognized university. We strongly encourage fresh graduates to apply. No previous job experience is required.
- The teaching areas must be in science subjects specifically: Primary School Science and O’Level Physics.
- The teaching style needs to be modern and interactive. The Fundi Bots curriculum is 90% practical, so we need teachers who are dynamic, hands-on and are constantly searching for better ways to improve the teaching experience.
Your duties will be as follows
- Evaluating student work, giving feedback and assisting with maintenance of students’ records.
- Assisting in managing pupils in a classroom to ensure smooth-sailing classes.
- Supporting individual pupils through experiments in the classrooms.
- Facilitating communication between Fundi Bots, the school administration and teachers.
- Participating in Monitoring & Evaluation activities as guided by the M&E Associate
- Reporting consistently on teaching aids performance and student feedback and experience.
Additionally, we expect the following from successful applicants:
- You must be self-driven, able to independently work through tight deadlines with minimal supervision, and you must have a strong attention to detail.
- You must have very good English communication skills, written and spoken, with specific attention to professional communication and classroom etiquette.
- You must be very organized with strong reporting, time-management and performance tracking standards.
- You will be in charge of educational documentation and reports, so you must be comfortable attending meetings at schools and various organizations, taking minutes, filing reports and organizing operational paperwork.
- Knowledge of the local language of the region will be an added advantage in your work, but is not necessary for the role.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (CV/Resume and Cover Letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: Job Application: Classroom Support Staff
Alternatively, you can hand-deliver your application to our regional offices through the following contacts:
- Eastern Uganda (Mbale) – Phone: 0392 003 561 – Plot 36, Senior Quarters along Wanale Road
- Western Uganda (Mbarara) – Phone: 0789 043 501 – Ntare Road opposite former Ngabo Academy
- Northern Uganda (Gulu) – Phone: 0394 856 193 – Pearl Afrique Building, Room 34 along Paul Odong road (off Acholi road)
- Central Uganda (Kampala) – Phone: 0392 000 159 – Plot 483 Kaduyu Road (near National Council for Higher Education)
For further questions or inquiries, contact email@example.com or call 0757159092 or 0776159099
We look forward to working with you.