About Fundi Bots
Fundi Bots’ mission is to accelerate science learning in Africa.
To achieve this, we use practical learning tools like robot-building to improve learning outcomes. Through the process of building robots, the students get practical skills in computer science, electrical and electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, computer programming and soft skills like project management, teamwork and innovation.
As a result of this process, the students understand their science curriculum better, are prepared better for future technology oriented careers and they are empowered to be innovative community change-makers.
The Teaching Associate Role
Fundi Bots is seeking Teaching Associates (teachers) to oversee and manage the teaching, training and curriculum development aspects of our Primary and Secondary School program. The teachers’ primary role will be to prepare, deliver and evaluate the lessons within our training center (Fundi Space) and within the schools that we work with.
Our core training areas (from primary to senior school levels) are: electronics, computer programming and mechanical systems.
Our core science curriculum subjects are Physics, Maths and Chemistry.
Fundi Bots works with two age groups; Primary Schools (6-12 years old) and Secondary Schools (12-18 years old) and we require several Primary School and Secondary School Teaching Associates.
- Fundi Bots works with a network of 75 schools within Uganda (currently Central, Eastern and Northern region). All Fundi Bots Teaching Associates must be willing to occasionally travel upcountry to train for multiple days or weeks at a time.
- We are looking for full-time teachers in Kampala, Northern Uganda and Eastern Uganda. These teachers will be stationed at the regional centers under the supervision of the regional managers.
- For full-time positions outside Kampala, Fundi Bots prefers teachers who are resident within the regions they are applying to work in.
The Teaching Associate role is a full time position. Our work-days are Monday to Saturday. Saturdays are full working days at Fundi Bots with multiple trainings happening in schools and at the Fundi Spaces.
As an applicant, you must have the following qualifications:
- A passion for teaching. We do not compromise on this; you must love teaching, learning and be willing to pursue this as a long-term career.
- A Diploma in Education or Bachelor of Science in Education or an equivalent from a recognized university. A degree from another science field like computer programming will be considered if you are committed to pursuing education as a career. We strongly encourage fresh graduates to apply. No previous job experience is required.
- The teaching areas must be in science subjects specifically; ICT, Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- A strong knowledge or interest in computer programming will be an added bonus.
- The teaching style needs to be modern, fun and interactive. The Fundi Bots curriculum is 90% practical, so we need teachers who are dynamic, hands-on and are constantly searching for better ways to improve the teaching experience.
- Experience with international schools is not necessary, but will be an added advantage.
Your duties will be as follows:
- Preparing and delivering lessons to a range of students of different ages, social backgrounds and abilities.
- Evaluating student work, giving feedback and maintaining records of students’ progress.
- Maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, devising and writing new curriculum material in collaboration with the rest of the Fundi Bots team.
- Managing pupil behaviour in the school classrooms, at the Fundi Space and any other premises at which we may be carrying out trainings.
- Supporting individual pupils through special or supplementary trainings.
- Communicating with parents and guardians over students’ progress.
- Participating in and organising extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and other events.
Additionally, we expect the following from successful applicants:
- You must be self-driven, able to independently work through tight deadlines with minimal supervision, and you must have a strong attention to detail.
- You must have very good English communication skills, written and spoken, with specific attention to professional communication and classroom etiquette.
- You must be very organized with strong reporting, time-management and performance tracking standards.
- You will be in charge of educational documentation and reports, so you must be comfortable attending meetings at schools and various organizations, taking minutes, filing reports and organizing operational paperwork.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (CV/Resume and Cover Letter) to email@example.com with the title: Job Application: Teaching Associate (Please indicate Primary or Secondary).
For further questions or inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +256773080533
We look forward to working with you.