Application Deadline: 24th April 2015.
Preferred Start Date: 4th May 2015
Email Application Only, No Phone Calls.
About Fundi Bots
Fundi Bots uses robotics as a tool for better and more practical science education in Ugandan schools. Through the process of building robots, the students understand their science curriculum better, are prepared better for future technology oriented careers and they are empowered to be innovative community change-makers.
The Administrative Position
Fundi Bots is seeking for an Office Administrator to oversee the daily non-technical operations of the office / Fundi Space including front-desk operations, running errands, activity scheduling, basic finance management and on-line communications.
No, you do not need to know how to build robots, but we need someone almost as efficient as a robot.
If you are interested in this position, these are the specifics of what we require from you:
- You must be self-driven, able to independently work through tight deadlines with minimal supervision, and you must have a strong attention to detail.
- You must have very good computer and internet skills. At the very least, you must have an excellent command of tools like Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and various social media platforms. Experience with newsletters will be a bonus.
- You must have very good English communication skills, written and spoken, with specific attention to professional email and on-line communication etiquette.
- You must be comfortable working with teams, managing internal communications, schedules, and interacting with people of extremely diverse social standing. Additionally, almost 90% of our work is with a lot of young people, so you should very be comfortable working with kids and teenagers.
- You should be able to handle basic finance management, for example: keeping track of daily expenses, receipting and invoicing.
- You must be very organized. Our Fundi Space is a very dynamic and diverse environment and as it grows, we will require someone who can adapt to the ever-changing space but still keep it organized and professional.
- You will be in charge of a lot of documentation, so you must be comfortable attending meetings at schools and various organizations, taking minutes, filing reports and organizing operational paperwork.
If you are still interesting in this position, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: Job Application: Office Administrator.
We will get back to you as soon as we are able to.
We look forward to working with you.