Fundi Bots is seeking for an Office Administrator for our Mbale Regional Center.
About Fundi Bots
Fundi Bots is a non-profit education initiative promoting better and practical science Education by providing robotics training in African schools.
Our vision is to see improved – and equal – access to quality science education, better technology innovation and overall economic growth across Africa as a direct result of exposing students from an early to better science education training and tools.
The Administrative Position
Your role will be to oversee the daily non-technical operations of the Mbale regional office / Fundi Space. Below are the specifics of what we require from you:
- You MUST be a resident of Mbale.
- You must be comfortable working with teams, managing internal communications, schedules, and interacting with people of extremely diverse social standing. Additionally, almost 90% of our work is with a lot of young people, so you should very be comfortable working with kids and teenagers.
- You must be self-driven, able to independently work through tight deadlines with minimal supervision, and you must have a strong attention to detail.
- Quick understanding of the Fundi Bots mission and operational goals
- You will be in charge of a lot of documentation, so you must be comfortable attending meetings at schools and various organizations, taking minutes, filing reports and organizing operational paperwork.
- Devising and maintaining administrative systems, including data management and filing, maintenance of office space, and equipment ,
- Ensure adequate availability of required office supplies for day to day running.
- You should be able to handle basic finance management, for example: keeping track of daily expenses, receipting and invoicing, Preparing fund requisition forms, payment vouchers and ensure approval from authorized persons.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally. You must have very good English communication skills, written and spoken, with specific attention to professional email and on-line communication etiquette.
- You must have working knowledge of the local languages.
- You must have very good computer and internet skills. At the very least, you must have an excellent command of tools like Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and various social media platforms. Experience with newsletters will be a bonus.
- You should be able to exercise discretion and good judgement.
- You must be very organized. Our Fundi Space is a very dynamic and diverse environment and as it grows, we will require someone who can adapt to the ever-changing space but still keep it organized and professional.
- You should be able to demonstrate integrity.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: Job Application: Office Administrator-Mbale
Application Deadline: 7th May 2016
We look forward to working with you.