About Fundi Bots
Fundi Bots’ mission is to accelerate science learning in Africa.
To achieve this, we use practical learning tools like robot-building, development of enhanced science curriculum tools and hands-on training to improve learning outcomes. Through the process of building robots, the students get practical skills in computer science, electrical and electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, computer programming and soft skills like project management, teamwork and innovation.
As a result of this process, the students understand their science curriculum better, are prepared better for future technology oriented careers and they are empowered to be innovative community change-makers.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Associate Role
Fundi Bots is seeking a Monitoring & Evaluation Associate who will be responsible for implementing our recently developed M&E Framework. The role will be to support the organization in monitoring, evaluation, tracking and information control of all our program activities for effective delivery and timely corrective action.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support in the implementation of an existing MELS system and framework for monthly evaluation.
- In liaison with other departments, collect data by tracking appropriate performance indicators to ensure that the organizational strategy is properly implemented.
- Support in building capacity of M&E tools for relevant data collection from the various program engagements that Fundi Bots carries out, inside and outside schools.
- Take part in the designing and updating of organizational databases for capturing program information on program indicators, progress and impact according to the monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Manage the maintenance of an information system to clean and verify information.
- Conduct statistical analysis of the data collected to support program activities and research studies.
- Ensure adequate procedures for back up and security of all program data.
- Ensure the integrity of data collected.
- Ensure documentation of program successes and best practices for authorship into company profiles, donor reports and periodicals.
- Facilitate on the job training for staff especially in the areas of use of data for decision making.
- Prepare periodic M&E reports for verification by the leadership team with appropriate recommendations on identified issues.
- Work with fundraising and development team to provide information required for grant applications and donor-related communications.
- Stay on top of latest developments in M&E and liaise with other organizations for best practices and technical assistance.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Social Work, Development studies, Social Sciences or Statistics or relevant field.
- Any post graduate training in Monitoring & Evaluation is an added advantage
- 1-2 years’ experience in data analytics, M&E or any other relevant field
- Designing and implementing data management systems will be a bonus
- Experience in data analysis and program evaluation
- Familiarity with research and scientific data collection methods
- A background in development work for education is an added bonus
- Familiarity with grant-writing and donor engagement is an added bonus.
- Good knowledge of Excel for data entry and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated but with the ability to make good use of the experience and effort of others
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work proactively and with minimal supervision
Fundi Bots works with a network of 75 schools within Uganda (currently Central, Eastern and Northern region). While the role is based in Kampala, the Monitoring & Evaluation Associate will be required to frequently travel to our current and future regions of operations to carry out evaluation activities.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Associate role is a full time position. Our work days are Monday to Friday, 9AM to 5PM and Saturdays 9AM to 1PM.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (CV/Resume and Cover Letter) to email@example.com with the title: Job Application: Monitoring & Evaluation Associate
The deadline for application is 20th October 2018.
For further questions or inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +256773080533
We look forward to working with you.